Bit of a rant!

• 1 reply
  • 30 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I’m post two weeks treatment and things are starting to ease up on the pain and bowel issues.  

However three weeks ago I developed a blood clot in my leg artery and they stopped the chemo as they were sure this was what caused it.  The last 24th hours I’ve been  having similar feelings in the other leg, plus some bleeding from vagina and yellow discharge.

I phoned the emergency oncology number at 2.30 today and some one took a message and said they would get back to me, 5.30pm they did.  After explaining everything to them and they went through all the last few months and my meds etc they ended up telling me to go to A&E due to my history. When I questioned why, when I’m under their care do I have to go to A&E? I was told they didn’t have the capacity to take me in today.  But if I go to A&E they will get in touch with the oncologist registrar and will admit me that way!!!!! How can this be right??? 

• Hi Ivymay welcome to the forum. If they are unable to see you you must go to A and E as advised as you are very vulnerable to lots of things with blood clots and infections whilst undergoing chemo so Im hoping by the time you read this message you have been to A and E. It is not of great importance how you are seen but only that you are asap. Most chemo units run unto 8pm and are clinics rather Than wards.

gail

Community Champion Badge