Lymph nodes ?

• 5 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Just recieved a letter Friday m my oncologist stating that after mdt ? meeting  my treatment can go ahead as planned 

no distant spread seen - when I went for original meeting she said there were some tiny spots in chest/lung area - does this mean not to worry about them ? 

she is concerned about lymph nodes in groin area and I need to have an ultrasound and needle thing , what does this entail please and does this mean it’s in my lymph nodes ? 

still waiting to start my treatment, managing the pain but it does feel like the area on my bum cheek is getting bigger and deeper , it’s like an actual hole 

• Hi ,

That’s good news that your treatment has the go ahead & that there’s no distant spread.… Personally I would speak to your oncologist regarding the report for your chest/lungs just to put your mind at rest…. From what I understand it’s possibly a core needle biopsy they’ll be doing on your lymph node, these are generally done with a local anaesthetic & with the aid of ultrasound just to see if the lymph node contains any cancer cells, hopefully not but if there’s any sign of cancer cells in the biopsy then the lymph node affected will be mapped into your treatment plan so that it gets blasted during your radiotherapy sessions too. 

I hope you have some news on a start date soon. 

Nicola 

• Morning, my cancer was diagnosed with a groin biopsy. It really doesn't hurt. When I went in I stripped off waist down the they cover you up. A tiny needle was used to numb the area, very light scratch. You should not feel anything. As my dr inserted the biopsy needle i could feel it, not sore or anything but could feel it. He then gave me another shot and waited a few seconds. Then then use another needle inserted it and then there was a clicking noise and it took a sample. I couldn't feel a thing. I watched it all on the monitor as its done with ultrasound to get the right spot. It was very interesting. X

• Thanks for the reply , x

• Not sure I could watch it , as long as painless then I’m ok with that Blush

• Hi Poohbear. I also had the Biopsy on Lymph Gland in my groin.Its just like Watt78 said.Painless,and Very interesting to watch.I didn't have to strip down though,just pulled pants down to hip area and they cover your private bits up.All the best.Love Belzy