Lymph node paranoia

• 1 reply
  • 29 subscribers

So, I had my eua in December and it was all clear. Didn’t even need a biopsy. Happy days right!? No, because of course my mind is going into overdrive convincing myself that it’s in my lymph nodes. I’m constantly checking my groin for lumps. I do have aching where the tumour was and all in hip and buttock - but nothing that needs medicating. 

im just so worried they have missed something. When I had my Ct and mri, they thought there was node involvement, but then said no node involvement once I got my PET scan involvement. I’m so worried the pet scan got it wrong. When I had my EUA the surgeon said we need to check ‘because of the extent of your cancer’ - and that’s set my mind whirring, because I was stage 2 - but the way he was talking made it sound as though it was much more serious. 

I have my 6 month scan results on Tuesday. My colorectal nurse has said nothing new will have happened since I got my EUA, but I just don’t trust anything. 

The only place I ever get reassurance is here. xx

• Hi  I’m so sorry you’re feeling like this. It’s so hard isn’t it to stop your mind from thinking about ‘what if’s’ and imagining worse case scenarios. This is something we can all relate to on here. Your EUA is reassuring but you won’t feel happy until you get those results in your hand.  As for the aching this is common quite a lot of us post-treatment do have ongoing hip and buttock pain. I have hip pain and sciatica on/off. Also the skin in the anus is still delicate and sometimes itches/hurts on the left side where the tumour. It seems this is common as the skin there remains delicate for years after the radiotherapy.   Your surgeon has used a poor choice of words -without thinking. I think that certain members of the medical profession need to have a better bedside manner!  I’d try not to read too much into those careless words.  Hope all goes well next Tuesday Bev x

1in1500