Pain relief

• 2 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi, I’m about 10 days away from starting treatment but these last few days my tumour seems to be really pressing down and causing me more pain than usual. Just wondered what everyone’s preferred choice of pain relief is. Or if anyone has any tips that might help.Thanks so much ,Julie xx

• Hi Julie, I’m in the same situation as yourself, not started treatment yet, 

i have spoken to my doctor today, actually he called me as I sent the surgery a email this morn8ng about my diagnosis and the pain I was in.

He has given me the following. 

Oramorph 10mg/5ml oral dose to be halved if I feel drowsy ( this is liquid morphine for the pain) 

MAcrogol compound oral sugar powder sachets NPF sugar free. ( this is to stop constipation ) to be taken once in the morning and once at night. 

My doctor asked me to let him know how in doing in a week and advise my consultant of what he has given me.

hope this helps.  love Louise xxx

• Oh that’s good your doctors were straight on it,hope it helps you,let me know how you get on. I’ve got an appointment with my Oncologist on Friday so I’ll see if I can wait til then and I’ll have to ask her for something. I’m just using paracetamol and ibuprofen,a good old fashioned hot water bottle and some cooling gel pads at the minute. Hope you manage to get some relief . Xx