Just diagnosed Squamous Cell Cancer of the Anus 10/01/2022

• 66 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi, just been confirmed today 10/01/2022 by the hospital that I have Squamous CellCancer in my Anus,

is this the normal cancer found there? What other types could be found? 

is anyone else had the treatment for this,

what does the treatment involve,

and how are you doing. 

Thank you Louise xxx

• Thank you so so much your such a wonderful kind woman. 

Ive made a word document, so tomorrow i will add all your fantastic knowledge of everything i need for my journey. 

i was a girl guide so have always liked to be prepared, dib dib, dob dob so they say. RoflXxxxx Kissing heartKissing heartKissing heartHearts️Hearts️Hearts️

• You’re a god send with all your information.  7 weeks past treatment and now have the sitz bath and Himalayan salt which do help I would still like some help.  Can instillagel still help at this stage as I still shudder at poo time and after?   You’re certainly helping me in my journey.  Thank you. 

• Hello Nana42,  absolutely you can carry on using Instillagel. I did for quite a long time until the healing process was done. It helped so much so can highly recommend it. It just helps take away some of that pain especially when we are so anxious about it it. The last thing we need is to accidentally train ourselves to hold it all in! GP can prescribe it for you. 

Best wishes

PPR x 

• Keep up your good work, you help so many,  

• You’re so welcome, everyone in here was so helpful to me when I was going through it. Just passing it on to others… good luck Nana42! 

• Hi PPR, just a question, I’m bleeding still quite a lot from my biopsy, “ is this normal? 

Have my PT scan we’d 19/01/2022 then oncologist appointment, it all seem to be taking so long with appointments ect, is this normal. 

Im just concerned the longer this goes on and no treatment started it will spread more. Hearts️xxxxx

• How long has it been since your biopsy? I can’t quite remember now what happened after mine. I too worried once I’d been diagnosed and the wait before treatment but can assure you that they will be treating you promptly. If you’re worried at all about the bleeding then do let your team know asap. Better safe than sorry! For comparison I had my biopsy at beginning of June and started treatment mid July and I was already Stage III at biopsy so try not to worry. But do speak to your team about the bleeding, if only to out your mind at rest. Xx

• Thank you, had my biopsy 2,5 weeks ago xxxxxxHearts️Hearts️Hearts️Hearts️

• Hi Louise, how is the bleeding now? Hope it’s better? Xx 

• It’s a bit better, thankyou. My stools are a bit softer so hence the reason the bleeding not so bad. Just want to start treatment NOW. Xxxxx