EUA all clear!!!

• 7 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Well, things couldn’t have gone any better. I had my EUA today and I didn’t even need a biopsy!! I’m so so so happy!! It was so good, the surgeon didn’t even come and see me afterwards, he just sent a colorectal nurse. 

Best Christmas present ever. 

thanks for supporting me when I was so so frightened. I just love this forum - it’s been a lifeline for me. 

big hugs to you all xxxx 

• that’s such good news! I’m so pleased for you, what a weight off your mind this must be.   Thank you for posting, this is really encouraging for everyone in the group . Have a lovely Christmas and you know where we are should you need us. Bev x

• Hi ,

This is fabulous to read, congratulations!! I’m so relieved & happy for you, I know how stressed you were & you couldn’t have had a better outcome! You can relax now & enjoy your Christmas. As Bev has said it’s always great to see members posting positive results as this offers hope & encouragement to those who’re not quite as far along yet.

Congratulations again.

Nicola  

• Thanks so much Nikki HeartHeartHeart

• Hi, can you tell me what you did, your whole story?  I am looking for success stories because my tumour has grown back for 3rd time.

• Hi there ,

I’m so sorry to hear you’re dealing with recurrence for a 3rd time! I think the majority of us here have gone through combined chemoradiotherapy, if you click on my username you can read my journey there. The radiotherapy seems pretty standard although of varying strengths relating to the grade of tumour. The chemo side of things can vary slightly, a large portion of us in the UK have a short mitomycin infusion day 1 of radiotherapy then capecitabine tablets twice a day each day of radiotherapy, the treatment regime is usually Monday-Friday with weekends off all treatment this is generally for 28 days. Some hospitals/oncologists give the chemotherapy as an infusion weeks 1 & 5 of treatment sometimes this is given as an inpatient other times you can be sent home with an infusion pump. Please just ask if you have any more questions. 

Nicola 

• Hi! I’m so sorry to hear your cancer is back for a third time. I had 5 weeks of chemradiotherapy. I also had 3 blood transfusions because I was severely anaemic. I had scans at 3 months which showed the tumour had shrunk, and then an examination under anaesthetic to check if what was left was cancer or scar tissue - and by the time that came around there was nothing there to biopsy.