3 month scan results

• 4 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all, 

Had my 3 month check up yesterday and all good. There is some residual scar tissue which they want to keep an eye on, but my oncologist feels certain it’s just scar tissue which will resolve by the 6 month check. I’m very happy. I do wish there was absolutely nothing there, but my tumour was 4cm and I was very poorly, so I’m very happy - and my oncologist says I’ve had the best possible result. I was stage 2 or T4 N0 M0. She says I don’t need to worry about an APR - so I’m happy. 

now to try and rebuild my life after the worst possible year. I feel absolutely exhausted and quite emotional today. I went through so much, and it’s strange that the world just carries on isn’t it? 

abyways, overall I’m positive - and I absolutely couldn’t have got through this without this forum. You were my rocks when we had very little other support. So thank you my bumlanders HeartHeart

• Fantastic news  I am so delighted for you. It has be a rough year hasn’t it? I too will be glad to see the back of 2021. Keeping everything crossed for those of us that have experienced cancer this year Hearts

Xx

• Hi  that’s great news! Completely understand your feeling of exhaustion. The stress of the build up to results really does take it of you doesn’t it. Make sure you take the time to recharge your batteries now. Scar tissue is very common after the intense radiotherapy we’ve been through. About 11 months post-treatment I had an examination under anaesthetic to check my scar tissue and it was fine. It was a minor procedure, I was in and out of hospital within about 4 hours. No discomfort or anything afterwards. Thanks for sharing your news, it helps all the group to know there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Bev x

•  that’s great news & an immense relief for you I should imagine.

A cancer diagnosis is absolutely exhausting! From the shock of the diagnosis through to treatment it’s a physical & emotional rollercoaster & what some don’t realise is it doesn’t end there! We have 5 years of tests, scans, examinations etc., to get through & each of these brings an element of that stress back. Take some time to let the good news sink in, give yourself a bit of tlc over the next couple of days & then begin getting your life back in manageable sized pieces.

Congratulations again & remember we’re always here. 

Nicola 

• That’s really great to hear Arightbumdeal. I will add you have a very appropriate name. I’m with you on looking forward to seeing the end of 2021! I actually thought of Christmas today and it felt so different compared to November 2020 when my life was in a turmoil and just knew I had something serious before I had tests. I to have got so much support from this site and the wonderful Macmillan nurses.