Advice

• 3 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hi everyone, as you have all guessed...I'm a bit of an emotional wreck at the moment. It's the big 60th  and I'm expecting a great deal of surprises (especially as I'm a natural Miss Marple). Any hints on keeping it together, acting happy and normal and not crying every 5 minutes. I'm really excited about what's in store for me and I'm sure because of the..well let's be honest..crap year and a half I've had, they're going to go all out and expect....happy and...well you get it! Don't get me wrong, I will be happy, surprised but how do I cope ??? Xxx Marie 

• Hi   I think people will just have to take you as they find you. You shouldn't be expected to act a certain way for the benefit of other people.  It can be difficult for those who haven't been through what we have to truly understand how a cancer diagnosis feels and how it affects you. Some days are better than others but you can't predict or control when those better days will be. I'm sure your family and friends will want to push the boat out for you and hopefully they will understand that whilst you are grateful for their efforts you cannot be happy and smiling 100% of the time. Having said that it is something to look forward to during this difficult time but please don't pile more pressure on yourself worrying about pleasing others (easier said than done I know!). If you do become upset then just be honest and explain how you are feeling, if you feel you can do that.  Bev x

• Bev put it perfectly!  

Alternatively, you’re always allowed happy tears so you could pretend…  And as the song goes, it’s my party, I can cry if I want to…  In extremis, there’s always the long break to powder your noseJoy  xxx

• Marie, I am reading this some time after, just wanted to say I hope you enjoyed your day xx