Symptoms so soon!

• 11 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Hi All, I started my treatment on Monday of chemoradiotherapy with the first day having chemo intravenously. Tuesday I started to experience stomache pains which continued to get worse and very small bowel movements. Friday I had my first review and she assured me this was probably caused by the anti sickness tablets prescribed for the first few days. I feel punched and bruised. I have also started to feel like a soreness heat feelingon the very outside of each cheek. I am panicking a bit as I feel I have only just started and thought the side effects would not appear until at least two weeks in! The radio therapist said to me that it doesn’t matter what cream/ lotion I use as the skin reaction is inevitable. I was told to take senna and not movicol at this time to get the bowels to move gently. It doesn’t help feeling that all the information I have read about helping delay skin damage has not paid off. I am I’m only one week in and already moaning. Blimey!

• You will be, that's a long day.  Try to get plenty of rest in between, whenever you feel tired, and just remember, every day you go for treatment, you are 1 day nearer to being cancer free and healthy again.  It's a  tough treatment, so take all the rest and any treats on offer to get you through.  Look forward to hearing your progress xx