Feeling terrible

• 2 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Oh dear Lord, I feel so Ill. Just 3 days of treatment and 30 to go I feel like I'm being poisoned. I have been given anti sickness tablets and morphine but they make me feel horrendous. I am so worried on how I can cope if this is just the beginning!!! 

• Hi ,

I’m so sorry you’re feeling so ropey so early on! What is your chemo regime? Mine, as most in the UK now was a short mitomycin infusion on day 1 of treatment & capecitabine tablets twice a day 10-12 hrs apart each day of treatment throughout & although I took anti-sickness meds in the beginning I really didn’t need them. Most people seem to be ok with this chemo regime but I do know of the odd person that has had an adverse reaction. Do you have a thermometer to check your temperature if you’re feeling so unwell? I was told to get one & take my temperature twice a day & more regularly if I felt unwell & to call the chemo helpline if I spiked a temperature. There are lots of different anti-sickness meds too so maybe the one you’re taking isn’t working for you & can be replaced by a different kind. Don’t be afraid to give your team a call if you’re feeling really poorly as they’ll be able to offer you the best advise. If you don’t have a temperature I would go to bed & try & sleep.

I hope you start feeling a little better very soon.

Nicola

• Hi  that doesn’t sound so good, the Mitomycin made me feel sick from about days 3-7. It came in waves during the day and reminded me of how morning sickness felt. Luckily I wasn’t sick. I took the anti nausea medication as much as I could as I have a phobia about vomiting. As  has said there are lots of different drugs so please let your team know and they’ll try something else for you. Also, not eating actually made me feel more sick so I just ate plain things like chips & potatoes that first week. I couldn’t even stomach chocolate which isn’t like me. After day 7 the nausea went. Hope you’ll feel better after a rest. Bev.