Positivity 7 Weeks Post Treatment!

• 7 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi, 

This is really a message for all those that have just started their treatment. I am 7 weeks post treatment and had my scan results today. There was no sign of the tumour only scar tissue...... the gruelling treatment has blasted it clean away. So when you are feeling at your lowest and finding it all too much just remember that the treatment you are having is really successful and there definitely is a light at the end of the tunnel. Easy for me to say now but it was only 4 weeks ago that I was recovering laid up in bed and now I’m here filling you all with hope. 
You have got this....... we are stronger than we think

Jodie x

• Wow Jodie () this is fantastic news congratulations!! Posts like yours are invaluable & offer a beacon of hope to those in that dark place when newly diagnosed. We’ve got a couple of new members that I hope will see this, I remember my first post here was full of fear!… I was just saying on another post how incredible as humans we are at recovering & healing from the most awful things & here you are proving just that, it’s amazing once that healing begins how quickly it happens isn’t it?… I really couldn’t be happier to read your fantastic news, huge congratulations again & thank you so much for sharing this post. 

Nicola 

• Thank you Nicola. This forum has been invaluable to me through my journey and I clung on to every positive that I read xx

• Hello Jodie. You have given me a lot of hope reading your news. Thank you. My hubby is into his second full week of chemoradiation and by Friday he will have completed 2.5 weeks in total with another 3 weeks to go. But he doesn't speak about it and it is very hard so I only really learn through this support group. His oncologist has said at the end of this week he may notice the skin in the anal area will start to flake and I wondered if you had this and what you used to relieve it. I hope you don't mind me asking. He is more tired now in the afternoons after his week day sessions. Any advice or experiences are welcome. Thank you

• Hey Jodie,

thanks for this, it really does give me hope. Well done, indeed, I shall hopefully refer to your message when I'm down.

I'm on week two and live on my own. Nurse gave me various wipes and creams today, and a cushion !

All the best and onward ! x

Sarah.

• Hi and congratulations on your news!  This treatment is so very effective at getting rid of this type of cancer. Thanks for posting, it really helps others in the Group. Bev x

• Hi, 

I didn’t experience any flaking around that area at all and very little soreness but then maybe that’s because I have a stoma and that area isn’t in use! So I’m probably not the best person to give advice on that...... however..... I did have soreness everywhere else and was given a cream called Strata XRT from the hospital on trial. It was that good I purchased some myself when it ran out and no more supply through NHS. Although my hospital are now trying to get charity money to stock it!!!
    I was at my most sore from week 5. The internal itching was terrible so I took antihistamine every night before bed as this was when it was at its worse. That worked really well. I would suggest a portable bidet and again I was given a body wash called octenisan from the radiotherapy team to wash with which I used almost every time I went to the toilet to keep the area clean. 
    I hope this helps 

xx

• Just keep pushing through Sarah. Week 5 was my worst week but I just kept thinking I’m almost there and will soon be a vivid memory. You feel really proud of yourself eventually for getting through it. Please reach out at anytime. People are always here 

xx