CMML developed into AML

• 4 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hi, I am new here, my mother was diagnosed with CMML before COVID and we have just learnt it has developed into AML but it's too late for treatment. They are saying she doesn't have long does anyone have any experience. Wishing you all well x

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups. I am so sorry to read about how your mum’s AML has develop to a point that it’s not treatable.

We have had a few family members come through the group who had to deal with the same challenges so let’s see if they are still n the community.

I see you have already joined and been active in our Carers only support group and you may also want to join and post in our Supporting someone with incurable cancer support group where you will connect with others navigating the exact same support challenges.

Our Support Line teams are available 7 days a week, 8am-8pm on freephone 0808 808 00 00email or live webchat where you will find one of team there to help you out. We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi   Clree

I was diagnosed AML in late 2018. Declined any treatment until early 2022. Had 3. Cycles of chemo. Declined any further treatment due to side effects. That was august 2022. Was told I will not live long, it could be few months if not weeks. Have to visit twice a week now for transfusions. I am on 3 anti viral, anti infection anti this and anti that. Living at home with family. Try to avoid gathering. Can not go abroad. I have very few problems living my normal life otherwise. I am seeing other people dying with other health problems. We will go when the time comes weather this illness or that and on when almighty wishes. 
    multani

• Thank you, for the recommendation. I will look at the supporting someone with incurable cancer group, it sounds like it might help. Thank you for your help x

• Wow, you have been through it. I am so sorry cancer is evil. My mum was diagnosed CMML and it was watch and wait, then COVID happened and now it's AML and she is to frail for treatment they say she doesn't have long x