Hello

• 2 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hello, I was diagnosed with AML on July 25 2021. My treatment started straight away, and I finally came home from Raigmore Hospital, Inverness on January 8. 

just thought I’d say Hello

xxx

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community. I am Mike and I help out around our blood cancer groups. I don't have AML but was diagnosed in way back in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable low grade type of NHL Stage 4a so I know this journey rather well.

I know Raigmore rather well as I had my many years treatment there (hit my community name to see my story) so know the staff very well.

If you have not done this, do connect in with the Maggie's Centre by phone or just drop in past and see the team. Pam runs our monthly Heamatology Support Group..... but due to this group being for the more covid vulnerable it is on-line at the moment - worth a check out as you can talk with folks who are local.

Always around to chat and help out.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi & welcome.  Hope your keeping well.  My husband was diagnosed with AML last March and had a bone marrow transplant in Sept, we are in Glasgow so transplant  was done at the Queen Elizabeth. I know Inverness well as I travelled for years to Ullapool to catch the Stornaway ferry, Inverness was always a welcome stop with sticky kids in the car! I also had family who lived there  lovely place to live . Blush