New post

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Not sure where to start or really why I’ve joined.  My husband was diagnosed early this year with AMl and ultimately had a bone marrow transplant in Sept, he was in remission from the chemo he had, things are going ok but I’m terrified with every blood test he goes for (2 per week) can’t shake off the feeling something will go wrong. The whole “isolating” from everyone/everything is taking its toll on me & family.  

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various blood cancer groups. but more importantly in our dedicated Stem cell transplant group.

I don’t have AML but was diagnosed in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Stage 4a and as part of my treatment journey I had two Allo (donor) Stem Cell Transplants (SCT) June 2014 then Oct 2015 and have been in remission since Sep 2016 so I do understand the SCT journey rather well.

What not join the SCT group. First click on the Green link I have created above. Then once the page opens up click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a new post by clicking in the box near the top right with + New  (Computers) or + (Mobile Devices). You will then see a dropdown menu so why not hit ‘Start a Discussion in New here, say hello’

You could copy and paste the text from this your first post. You can also search through existing ‘Discussions’ and click [reply] if you want to put up a comment.

I will keep an eye open for you in the SCT Group and you can talk with others who understand the post SCT rollercoaster ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge