6 months later....

• 3 replies
  • 9 subscribers

My daughter just got discharged from hospital.. Two heartsTada

Hopefully last ever time as an inpatient.... Was in remission after round 2.Fingers crossed

Bone Marrow Biopsy again next month to make certain they've got it all - with some blood tests in between to ensure blood counts continuing to increase.

Just a matter of dealing with the after-effects of the harsh treatment now, with some time to regain strength after nearly 6 months in bed... Lazy ..Heart eyes

• Hi  and great to read your post…… well done your daughter Tada

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks

Bone marrow biopsy done yesterday, so awaiting results  Fingers crossed

Still a good bit tired and breathless after a bit of walking. 

• My Consultant once told me that going through treatments like these was like doing a boxing match and a marathon every day over the months of treatments and this was done without any training.

Think doing the London Marathon without any training and you had to finish it as your life depended on it……. this is the journey she has been on so it most likely will take much longer than you would think for her to get back to some normality

Some folks are lucky and bounce back quickly post treatment but more than often folks take a considerable amount of time to recover.….. at 3 months post my second SCT I was just out of my wheelchair and able to do a few steps with my walking sticks…..

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge