Mum - Philadelphia positive ALL

• 4 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi, I’m new to this. My mums just recently been diagnosed with ALL philadelphia+. 
I don’t have a very supportive partner so it’s quite hard to speak to people about this all of the time. 
i just feel like I want to shut myself off from the world and be with my family until she is better 

• Hi

Sorry to hear your Mums been diagnosed with ALL. I was diagnosed with ALL back in September 2012 when I was 42. I wasn't Philadelphia +ve but I was considered high risk just the same. 

I was treated and had a stem cell transplant in May 2013 and fortunately have made pretty much a full recovery. It must be difficult for you worrying about your Mum and not having anyone supporting you fully with those concerns. As long as your are giving support to your Mum that is the main thing. If you need to let of steam or ask questions feel free to get in touch and post or send a message to me. You can have a look at my profile by clicking HERE

Everyone's journey with cancer tends to be different but ALL can be beaten.. just take everything one day at a time.

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• Hi Paul, thank you for your reply. 
    i just read through your story on your profile and it’s amazing! I am definitely there for my mum every step of the way and hoping she can make a full recovery like yourself Blush

• It was tough at times but you just have to keep going and take one day at a time. I am sure with your support she will do well!

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• Hi Sophieannee,

My mum received the same diagnosis in January 2019 and was put on ukall 60+ regime as at that time it looked promising, she reached remission treatment was okay no problems or the need for blood transfusions or overnight stays but unfortunately, remission hasn't lasted long and she is back on chemo now. but fingers crossed she manages to keep it under control for a while yet.

I wish you and your mum all the best for the future, i do have one piece of advice though, don't shut  yourself off, covid and my own fear, made me miss my mum's remission and she won't get another.