Blinatumomab

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 17 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has had success with the above named drug? 

I am about to be started on it, so any help, advice or support it might be received 

Thanks

Tamsin xxx

• Hi 

I'm not a member of this group but was passing and noticed that you hadn't had any replies. 

I typed 'Blinatumomab' into the search facility in this group but it only brought up a couple of very old posts. I'm going to tag  into my reply as he is the Community Champion for this group and might have some information on this drug or be able to point you in the right direction to find some information.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Ok thank you Thumbsup tone1

• Hi Feline-Fan

Sorry for the slow reply.. Whilst I had ALL I wasn't Philadelphia positive and my treatment was a while ago so no experience of Blinatumomab. It appears to be quite a new drug which is still being trialled after successful results so far. I would try speaking to your team or perhaps try the helpline (number below) and try and speak to one of the nurses. 

Good luck!

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Paul1969

Thanks Paul

Not sure it’s a trial drug anymore, as it was approved for use by NICE

Seemingly quite widely used in America, but still early days for it in this country.

Have heard a lot of good reports about it though 

• Hi 

My son finished his month course of it last Friday. We now await a bone marrow biopsy next week and the result.  Hoping his levels of MRD will be low enough now  for transplant..

He is ALL B cell with Philadelphia negative

How are you getting on. 

Hayley x

Hayley 
  • Hello all,

i was diagnosed with B cell All Ph- back in March 2016 and underwent a Chemo and an allogenic transplant.

It worked for 4 years but have relapsed just 2 weeks ago and have started blinatumomab as my new treatment.

i was also hoping to find some information and patient experience but there doesn’t seem to be much.

i feel pretty normal except for a little knee pain with the first infusion. Other than that I’m currently on day 7 of 28 and it’s going pretty well. Minimum side effects. 

• Hi. My son was on that for a month end of December to January 2020 . 28 day course . He found it excellent. It got his MRD  levels low enough for transplant on the 14th February. Our daughter was the donor. He had a bone marrow biopsy in May which revealed nil disease present. Due for another one November I prey it will be clear. He had ALL B cell Philadelphia negative.  He is going through a period of GVHD at the moment.  So back on a lot of tablets. Hope your doing well. Please feel free to chat. I know ALL is a rare one with adults. X

Hayley 
  • Hi hayley

so good to find someone I can share this experience with even though I’m sorry it has to be under these circumstances. I completely agree that this treatment is so much kinder on the body than the chemo that I had. Sometimes I feel so normal and healthy and question what I’m doing in hospital! I’m currently due my third bag today with a slightly higher dose than before and tapered steroids so here’s hoping i don’t have any other side effects from that.

• Hi everyone,  I am also on this new drug Blinatumomab just finished 28 days of infusion ,will have bone marrow biopsy next week to see if it's brought me to remission...but no one's heard of this treatment ! How are you doing? I loved having the infusion at home. Hopefully it is working 

• Hi my son was also on that he found it a lot better for him.  After his bag it brought the disease right down but not quite zero levels. He was in remission   in October for the top levels of cells but still had some residual disease left. He had a stem cell transplant in February.  Our daughter was the donor.  He had his bone marrow biopsy in May which thankfully came back nil disease. It's a roller coaster road. Take each day as it comes xx

Hayley