Blinatumomab

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 17 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has had success with the above named drug? 

I am about to be started on it, so any help, advice or support it might be received 

Thanks

Tamsin xxx

• Hi Hayley, thanks it's good to hear from others who've been on this drug. Rollercoaster is so true , that's fantastic news about your son Bouquet , hope you and your family are doing well xx

• Hope your doing well to.  Our sons consultant said the Blinatinub will be the future for treating blood cancers (or as I prefer to call it lemons)..don't ask me why but when he was diagnosed I just couldn't use the word!!....it was something that affected others  but I guess we are the others now.  Here anytime you want to chat xx

Hayley 
  • Thanks Hayley, lemons is a good word!! Taking it day by day is the only way for sure Catherine xx

• From day one we called it lemons, lemon treatment, lemon ward. Anything to get us through it. Stay safe. Hayley x

Hayley 
  • Hi bainne28

Today (13-10-20) I’m on day 15 and due a higher dose later when my bag finishes. All is going well. You mentioned having the infusion at home yet my doctors at QE Birmingham have strongly suggested I stay as an inpatient due to COVID-19 for the complete duration. I wonder why that is

• Hi NAmin99,

I had the first 15 days of the infusion in hospital, the higher dose was given on day 7 and I had a slight temperature the next day. Other than that I felt just a little tired. I went 3 times a week to chemo day and am now off the bag after 28 days done,  will have bone biopsy tomorrow to see if it's worked. I think different hospitals will have different ways of doing things...I am under new transplant unit in St James's hospital in Dublin so not nhs. Hope you're doing well 

• How are you keeping. X

Hayley