Travel insurance renewal

• 3 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi my travel insurance with WorldFirst is up for renewal shortly. I’ve never had to claim and set up was straightforward however I like to shop around and want to know if there’s any recommendations here for companies that don’t require you to talk to an operator. I did that before and it’s frustrating getting someone to talk to. Thanks in advance 

• Hi

Yes, I always like to shop around when any of my insurances come up for renewal.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had cancer.

I don't know if you'd had chance to look through the member's stories thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

Most people recommend that you phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal.

However, as you've said that you don't want to phone around, you could use a comparison website or go to each of the recommendations in the member's stories thread and fill in the details online.

Something that you may want to check is whether the insurance company that you want to take insurance with will cover you for cancellation or illness connected to coronavirus. I know that some had altered their cover to exclude claims relating to coronavirus but I don't know if this has spread company wide or not.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Bandele, we renewed our annual ins. with Worldfirst earlier this year and found it a lot easier doing  this on the phone.You can ask all sorts of questions that online forms won't,plus if there's something your not sure of it's soon sorted by speaking to someone.On our original search (2018) all forms didn't cover certain conditions and mostly came back negative or ridiculusly high,a lot of time wasted.Eventually after a lot of  searching (days) we settled on "Worldfirst" as they we're by far the easiest and most understanding of my situation "C.U.P.".As frustrating as you may find it,talking to someone really is the best way to go and now with the added covid there must be loads of questions you need answering.As i said we renewed (jan.20),travelled in feb. and soon after our return found ourselves in isolation.Contacted the ins. to cancel the policy and have just recieved a refund of half of the ins. cost as we,like many others are not going to be travelling this year.The reason we've cancelled is,in our opinion, untill a vaccine for covid is found it's not going to be safe for us travelling anywhere as we're both 60's and vulnerable.

• Thanks very much this reply as it’s helping considerably. Take care and stay safe.