Travel insurance

• 3 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hi I have CLL and I am currently requiring no treatment. I am travelling to Spain in July and was wondering if anyone can recommend any travel insurance companies that don’t charge the earth.

many thanks xx

• Hi

That's great to hear that you're currently treatment free and looking forward to a holiday in Spain.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have had cancer and I wondered if you'd had chance to look through the member's stories thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when you're applying for insurance.

I do hope that you can get insurance and that you have a great time away.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook

I have just seen your reply to Janet36  whom I hope got sorted with her travel insurance.

I had a mastectomy and reconstruction last May, I needed no treatment as it was DCIS none Invasive but due to its size  couldn't have a lumpectomy. 6 months after my surgery and I said I still had a fair bit of pain and it was hard. .  I was told it was early days I was still healing so just before Christmas I had enough. So got another appointment for January. So she said I had Capsular Contracture and due to Constant pain . Had my appointment  on Wednesday so I've to have implant removed , part of the skin underneath taken away and replaced with skin from back and new implant and work done on other breast to make it more symmetrical with other one. This won't happen for over a year even though I'm a priority, sorry for the rant.

Do you know if I have to declare this when applying for travel insurance ?  as I have  my daughter's  wedding  in Malta in just under 4 months. Also can you recommend a travel insurance company?

Thank you for your help in advance 

Angela Kissing heart

Live For Today  and be Happy    :) 
  • Hi 

I'm sorry to hear that after having a mastectomy and reconstruction nearly a year ago you've now got to have a new implant. However, the news of your daughter's wedding in Malta sounds much better.

Usually when you do a travel insurance quote you'll be asked something along the lines of "have you had any surgery or had any investigations/tests in the last...…..months/years". The timespan will depend on the insurer and your answer will depend on exactly what they ask and if you've anything to declare in that timeframe. They also usually ask if you're waiting for tests or results but I can't remember if they ask if you're waiting for surgery or not.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have had cancer and I wondered if you'd had chance to look through the member's stories thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

I hope you're able to find some insurance and do pop back and let me know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"