Holiday Insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Afternoon, my mum has lung cancer with mestastics of the brain. Trying to find holiday insurance for a 4 day break to Ibiza for my Hen wknd in July.  The quotes I’ve had have been ridiculously high. Any help greatly appreciated. 

• I am going on a cruise in April. Insurancewith did a what I thought was cheap quote, £150 for three weeks. You can wait a long time to get through to them but equally they spend a long time with you going through the facts. Google them first to see what you think. Good luck.

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear about your mum's diagnosis but it's great that you're going on your hen weekend together.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

I can see that you've already had a recommendation from Norberry and I wondered if you'd had chance to look through the member's stories thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as sometimes they can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your mum's diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when you're applying for insurance.

I  hope that you can find some insurance and do let me know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Good evening, i haven’t had a chance to look through yet, but I will definitely ring around at the weekend once I’ve had chance to go over some over the recommendations. Thanks for your reply, it’s greatly appreciated. x