Travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

To all those looking for affordable travel insurance with pre existing medical conditions
I have stage 4 cancer and have been treated with chemotherapy, after my treatment was complete I was desperate to get away for a break so with my consultants consent my wife and I decided to go to Spain for a One week break, we booked the hotel, flights and transfers so now needed to get some travel insurance.
After having asked MacMillan Cancer Support at the hospital if they have any recommendations they just gave me a booklet about travel (waste of time) so I got on the web and tried Cancer research UK witch have a list of special pre existing medical travel insurance companies which I thought would be suitable for me as they are on their web site so I began the laborious task of going through the list trying to get a competitive price for some insurance. ‘’What an absolute joke’’ some of the quotes from the mainstream providers who promote their service in dealing with pre-existing medical conditions where more than the holiday itself ‘’total rip off’’ until I came Across WORLD FIRST at last a sensible travel insurance company with a good range of cover at a great price so our trip was made possible without having to sell the house to pay for it, however I can’t comment on their claims process simply because I didn’t need to use them.
Also in their favour I filled out the application form online but there where a couple of questions which I didn’t fully understand the medical terminology of so not wanting to give an insurance company a get out opportunity should I need to claim I called there phone number and spoke with a very helpful person who went through my application with me to make sure everything was correct and in order what more can I say ‘fantastic’ wouldn’t hesitate to use them again so well done and many thanks to World First for making my trip affordable and possible.
Hope this review helps some of you with your journey good luck.

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

I'm really glad to hear that your were able to obtain reasonably priced travel insurance from World First and thank you for your recommendation.

Unfortunately, Macmillan are not allowed to give recommendations for travel insurance but I'm sorry to hear that you found the booklet about travel a "waste of time". If you'd like to send feedback to Macmillan you can complete this form and tell them what you felt was unhelpful about the booklet as they are always looking for ways to make their publications relevant.

We do have a thread in this group called 'Recommended Travel Insurance' where community members put their recommendations. If you haven't seen it yet clicking on the link I've created will take you there. You may find some different insurers to try next time you're looking for insurance.

I hope you have a lovely holiday

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"