Travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

My husband has oesophagus cancer, he had an operation 4 and a half years ago to remove it but we have recently found that it has returned. It is not in his lymph nodes or other organs but will require chemotherapy treatment in 4 weeks time. We had booked a cruise leaving on Sunday and had insurance cover but after updating them on his recent diagnosis they will now not cover him. I have tried numerous companies and the cheapest quote so far in Insure&go £1089.  One company wanted £3,300. 

• Hi and welcome to the travel insurance group

I'm sorry to hear that your husband's oesophagus cancer has returned. Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

Have you had chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? If not click on the link I've created which will take you directly to it.

It is best to phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes. Make sure you have all the dates of his treatments to hand along with details of any medication and any future planned treatment.

I do hope that you can get insurance and that you have a lovely holiday.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Try insurancewith.com and give them a ring, I have found them excellent. Good luck.