Eurotunnel Travel Insurance

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

I have just been informed that Eurotunnel Travel Insurance are now only selling insurance to customers that have a Eurotunnel travel booking.

I have booked a holiday to Italy with my 92 year old mother in the near future and we are travelling by air. Has anyone any suggested alternative insurers?

My mother has early stage stomach cancer, and the prognosis is that there is no treatment planned, but she should be monitored. We have a fitness to fly certificate from a doctor.

Thanks in advance,

• Hi

Thanks for letting us know that you can now only buy travel insurance from Eurotunnel if you're travelling with them. As you've used them in the past I assume that this information has come directly from Eurotunnel. Could you let me know if this is the case and I'll update the Recommended Travel Insurance thread so that other people looking for travel insurance will know this from now on.

If you click on the link I've created it will take you to that thread where you can see which companies people have successfully obtained insurance through.

I hope you're able to get insurance for your mum and that you both have a great holiday.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Yes, I phoned Eurotunnel today to buy the insurance, but was told we have to have a Eurotunnel travel booking.

For Eurotunnel customers travelling to mainland Europe it remains, I believe, a competitively priced and simple to arrange option though

• Thanks for letting me know

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"