travel insurance - broker? annual / single trip? ski cover?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

I am new to booking travel insurance with declared conditions!  My partner had a typical carcinoid lung tumour removed at the back end of last year.  Previous to his diagnosis we had an annual travel policy for our family which will end shortly.  We are fortunate that as i took that out pre diagnosis they will cover everything to the end of this policy and were easy to deal with when we made a claim.

The operation he has had to remove the tumour been deemed 'curative' as his tumour was all taken out, and no spread and no chemo or radio required.  It will be 10 years of monitoring.  I am looking into a new annual policy which i would like winter sports cover for as well.  There seem to be several companies to try but i was wondering if any body had any experience with brokers?  Is it just better to go through all the companies everyone has suggested on this forum?

Would it be better to book single trip insurance on a per holiday basis?

If anyone has any suggestions or experiences they would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm glad to hear that your partner's tumour has been removed and he's now clear of cancer. Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

I assume from your post that you've looked through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread and seen the various insurers that other people have had success with. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you to it. If you obtain insurance from a company that's not mentioned in the thread it'd be really useful if you could add your recommendation there for people searching in future.

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes and you might find it easier to get single trip rather than an annual policy. However, it's always worth getting quotes for both. 

I can't recall anybody mentioning that they'd obtained their travel insurance through a broker but someone might pop on and prove me wrong!

I do hope that you can get the type of travel insurance that you want and that you have some great holidays.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"