Travel insurance breast cancer

• 4 replies
  • 19 subscribers

I was diagnosed with breast January 2024, had 2 operations making me clear of cancer ! But as a preventative due to high numbers of can erouslyphm nodes i needed chemo and radiotherwpy. 8 months down line I have completed my chemo 8 cycles every 2 weeks and will be starting radiotherapy soon. Will be  omplete by Christmas and medi action for next 5 years....... 

So I wanted to celebrate this with a all trip to Ireland in january and looking for travel insurance even though I don't have cancer  has proven a minefield. So I am asking here what people have done and if you have been able toget insurance as I have lost hope at the moment .... 

Will I be able to travel after learning life is too short ? Trip in January is only Ireland to visit family for a few days flying there ..... but wanting to go further afield later next year ... 

Please any info, companies that may make this possible for me would be great...... 

• Hi Misty,  I had vulva cancer in 2022 which I am please to say was removed and now 2 years cancer free!  I had problems with travel insurance was being quoted silly amounts i.e over £1000 so I tried my bank and I am now insured along with my husband for £13 per month (this is going up in December to £18)this is for worldwide travel including America, car break down cover and cover for our electronic devices.  If we want to go on a cruise there will be a supplement of £40 but that will be prorated.  I did not have to pay any supplements for my cancer but my husband had to pay £48 for his high blood pressure.  If you search insurance on this site you will find other members recommendations on travel insurance.  Hope this helps and have a fantastic time with family and your travels.

• Thank you so much 

That so useful and helpful 

I will definitely visit my bank and see what they say 

There is some positive finally fingers cross I find the right one soon Pray 

• I should have said my bank is the Naionwide but other bank do similar. When we applied we had to be screened so don’t worry if you have to be. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you x

• Thank you Blush  

I'm Lloyd's bank and I'm going to pop in hopefully tomorrow as apparently if I upgrade my account to type of account and pay so much a month it covers travel insurance and actually lots of others things. 

• But if not I have git 2 quotes travel insurance and  2 different prices, but the moat expensive one £500 a year covers worldwide plus I have been told by 2 people I know they have this one too so looking promising....  Slight smile apart from the price Laughing