Insurance with no scan information

• 14 replies
  • 21 subscribers

My husband had the initial scans when diagnosed. He is now having chemo and yesterday we asked the oncologist when his next scans would be and he said they don't do further scans as they go by regular PSA results. The problem we now have is trying to find travel insurance. As soon as I ticked the box saying we only have the initial scan results then the price shot up by £1,000. The question asks about scans or x rays nothing about blood tests. Has anyone experienced this and what was the solution. Thank you 

• Hi Shar - Give them a ring and explain about the lack of a scan for PC patients.

My broker said he got the cover down by about £ 1200 by speaking to a human being!!

Best wishes

Brian SunglassesSunglassesBeachSunglassesSunglasses.

(back home Friday!!Rage)

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• May I suggest that you email All Clear setting out your current situation  emphasising that your husbands treatment is completed and he will be having regular PSA blood tests to keep a check on it. Tell them that you will let them know if there are any changes to his diagnosis/prognosis and if this results in further treatment. 

This is what I did and our insurer rang me back. The result was an updated medical declaration and no extra premium. I have my email as proof that I have not withheld anything.

I am known as the email and spreadsheet queen, with some people thinking I'm odd, but it's saves us thousands of pounds.

• Brilliant thanks I will do that