Travel Insurance

• 13 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Just wanted to say how pleased I have been with PayingTooMuch.com for my travel insurance. I have had an operation to remove tumour from bladder followed by BCG drug treatment which has now finished. Cystoscopies have been clear so now being monitored every 6 months with a cystoscopy. Last year my first quote for travel insurance, Annual multi-trip Europe, was £700+ so looked around and eventually was referred to PayingToo Much.com who got me a quote for £377. This year I am paying £158, much lower presumably because my treatment has finished. They will search on your behalf and present you with 3 quotes. Prompt response on the phone as well. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

That's great news about your travel insurance and just goes to prove that it is still possible to get cover with a cancer diagnosis. I have used payingtoomuch.com myself and they paid out without any problems when I had to cancel two holidays this year because of a breast cancer diagnosis.

Best wishes

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• That’s good to hear. They seem to be a good company to deal with. All the best to you.

• Hi Havefaith

Thank you for your recommendation,  I've just finished my treatment too for womb cancer. I've been ringing around trying to get quotes for my husband and I for world wide annual cover and its been a bit of a nightmare.  The best quote so far is Avanti for £900+ I did call payingtoomuch but it took ages for them to answer and being a broker she said she would try 2 companies for me so to stay on the phone and the next person who would answer me would be the one of these. I waited and waited and after about 15 mins I just gave up and hung up. Was it the same set up for you? or did they put you through quickly?

Thanks Robin 

• Hi Robin. Sorry to hear about your experience. I contacted PayingTooMuch for the first time last year and then again just recently. Both times  got through quite quickly and gave my details to the call handler. As you say, they are a broker, and in each occasion the handler provided me with 3 quotes. I chose the one I wanted, paid by credit card and that was that! I did not have to speak with anybody else. Also, as my wife has no medical issues I buy her travel insurance separately for about £90. This May work out cheaper than putting both on one policy.

Good luck 

• Hi Havefaith

Thank you, I was just intested to know if your experience was better than mine. I must of just struck unlucky. So pleased that you got your quote sorted

I  have managed to get sorted out this afternoon with Stay sure I had a good quote which was about £160 cheaper than the closest quote for the same cover.

Michael Wilson was the chap who i dealt with and he  absolutely wonderful. He was so patient with me and promised to call me back later in the afternoon and did exactly that. I have been trying to arrange a policy since Friday and I can honestly say it been exhausting.

I can Highly recommend Michael and he was happy for me to leave his details if anyone wants to call for a quote.  Avanti and Stay Sure are the same company. Michael picks up the phone for both companies. 

Michael Wilson Tel 08082814392 extn 7357

Thank you again Havefaith, I hope you and your wife have a wonderful holiday.  

Best regards Robin

Tel 080828143 extn 7357

• Correction on phone number above  sorry . 08082814392 Extn 7357

• Thank you so much Robin  and you as well. So pleased you got it sorted. It can be a daunting business. All the very best.

• I read your blog. Is Paying Too Much .com details on google search as I need to contact them. Thanks

• Hello I read your blog. Im looking for travel insurance as I have liver cancer. Which of the numbers are best to use. Are they brokers or private individuals?  Thanks