Thinking of travelling ..100% do it

• 7 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi all 

this is my first holiday away since being diagnosed in march, I’m currently on my 5 chemotherapy treatment out of 21 and had many worries about tracking abroad during treatment . But please if in same boat and your 50/50 as to do it I would 100% do it. Best decision I made and I’m on my last day of a 2 week holiday to Spain with my 2 kids .

I had no issues flying and if I’m honest I feel better than I have done since treatment started, I’ve had the best time with my kids it’s been 33 degrees everyday and I’ve been sensible and not been in sun a lot but enough to enjoy it , Ive drunk plenty of water and eat lots of fruit and as said I feel brilliant !! 

if looking for a sign this is it go for it!!! I’ve had so much fun and would do it again . 

live life and have fun 

thanks

neop 

• That's great to hear that you've had such a good time Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for posting this, Im so pleased for you that you are having a well deserved break with your family. 

Robin x

• Brilliant so glad your enjoying. Im currently looking for travel insurance.  I have stage 4 Breast Cancer (mets in bones). Ive had so many different quotes, my head is fried!!!!

• Hi I have the same as you can you tell me if you managed to get insurance, I feel like I’m getting ripped off as I no nothing is going to happen in 5 days awsy so I so don’t want to pay £200 

• Yes I got Insurance. It was with 'Insurancewith' ... Just booked it again to go to Spain next week, cost £47. Hope that helps xxx

• I’ve got a quote with them £180 for 5 days next week sounds just so much, I’ve finished chemo back in July and I’m  on phesgo injection and letrozole now, last scan was all good I just think it’s a lot but I guess I will just have to go with it 

• I just saw your post while looking for travel tips, and your story really inspired me. I know from my own experience that traveling during treatment can be hard, but it sounds like you had a great time with your kids in Spain. If you’re ever looking for another awesome spot, you should check out the Si Como No Resort in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. It’s got amazing views and cool amenities. Definitely worth thinking about for a future trip.