Forget insurance?

• 5 replies
  • 21 subscribers

I have spent hours and hours on the phone and online trying to get travel insurance.  I have looked down the threads to see if anyone has managed to get it, and tried recommendations to no avail. I've had two quotes thus far £3.400 and £1.100 (both approx). for a two week holiday (no-one up 'til now has even considered annual insurance!).                                                       I have lung cancer in both lungs it's terminal (another word they can't stand), though after Chemopherapy last year the tumours have reduced by %30, though I did spend three weeks in hospital with side effects. My Oncologist has absolutely no qualms should I wish to  go to Spain this year and has given me a prognosis of three to four years. I feel perfectly healthy no coughs or shortness of breath . So, should I just go with my EHIC card and hope for the best? Or shall I never see Europe again before I die?

Biggles

• Hi Biggles

My mum was in the same boat, she has incurable cancer but is currently stable on treatment. She was getting quotes for near £2000 for 2 weeks in tenerife, but after searching on here we were recommended insurancewith.com.  She gave them a call (online just said, sorry please call to discuss) and got insurance for £250 for the 2 weeks. 

I hope you manage to get a fair quote and get to Europe. 

• Thankyou for that . Insurancewith.com has insured me for the whole year (!) for the princely sum of £140.47. The questionaire was more detailed than any of the others, which at least made me think I was being taken seriously. Anyone else wanting to give them a try please note Insurancewith is not at the top of the list on a search, it's a little way down.

• Hi Biggles

I'm so happy for you that you got your  insurance sorted and for a great price. 

Iam Currently still going through Chemo but can't wait to go way as soon as my treatment is over. Your experience has given me hope.

• Hopefully you will have better luck than us unsurance with wouldn't cover my partner because he was due to start chrmo , hopefully better luck after treatment if not I give up 

• Good luck with both!