Confused

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi

Cab anyone clarify what a pre existing condition is? 

2021 - I had a T3, N0,M0 diagnosis. Had 5 weeks chemo radiation to shrink rectal tumour.

Jan 2022 - Had a Lower Anterior Section with a temporary Ileostomy.  Clear margins and lymph nodes clear.

End of May 2022 - Ileostomy reversal, discharged and nurse happy with wound closure. No complications. Told 3-4 weeks recovery. 

Have an an annual policy through bank account. Looking to go on holiday to Spain mid July. Should I be contacting insurance company as this has been recent?  

Best wishes 

Catz

• Hi

You will need to look at the terms and conditions in your annual travel insurance policy to see when you need to advise them. Mine says that I have to advise them if I've received treatment or been diagnosed with a medical condition in the last 12 months, so yours might say something similar.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Thank you Latchbrook

I will go back and have a look again as the policy is not very clear online, only says a pre existing condition so I am going to try call them.

Best wishes

Cat