Travel insurance for UK breaks

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hello

I am a bit confused re my holiday insurance.  We have had cover from our Barclays account up until now (via Aviva).  They still cover us for everything except my diagnosis of Secondary Metastatic Breast cancer that is also in my bones.   If we are just holidaying at home in the UK do I really need to go “shopping” for insurance for this diagnosis?    Thanks in advance for any help or experiences you can offer.

• The short answer is no you don't.  The longer answer is that if you do not have cover then you may loose the value of the holiday is your cancer means that you can't go on that holiday.  That said it could be price prohibitive to get insurance to cover yourself for any holiday in relation to your current situation.  Clearly, unlike a holiday abroad, you will not need foreign medical treatment or repatriation in the UK.

In your situation I'd book the holiday and enjoy it.  If you can't go then there  are more serious things to worry about than the money.  Enjoy yourself!

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Thank you Peter.  That is a sensible approach.  I will definitely enjoy the break.  Thank you again for taking the time to respond.