Travel insurance for Turkey

• 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hi 

I am having palliative treatment for cancer which has spread to my liver. I have been given permission by my oncologist to travel to Turkey as long as I am Within easy reach of a hospital. I sought a quote from MIA and passed the medical screening but they wouldn't cover for Turkey they said due to the standard of their healthcare. I know it doesn't go on the green list until tomorrow but they said that wasn't the reason. Insurecancer have said they might insure me if they have a questionnaire completed by my oncologist but a single trip will be about £1000. I am going in 4 weeks and again in May if I am well enough. Does anyone know of any companies that will ensure non curable cancer patients for Turkey. Many thanks in advance and best wishes x

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that you're struggling to get travel insurance for a couple of trips to Turkey. I typed 'turkey' into the search bar at the top of the page and found these previous posts for you. You could have a look through them to see if they mention whether the cover was for incurable cancer and, if so, which company they used.

I don't know if you've had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

I do hope that you can get some reasonably priced travel insurance and that you have a great time.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"