the nightmare that is travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 19 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi folks a bowel cancer sufferer here looking for travel insurance for end September. Any pointers or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sorry but boots sound like a con.

£65 did seem cheap. Cheap is usually rubbish 

• Hi

I'm sorry if I misread your post but I thought you said that you'd got cover for £65.

To get straight back to a post you need to click on 'View online' which you should see at the bottom of the email you receive which shows any replies that you've had.

However, you won't get these emails if you have notifications switched off. To switch them on look for the heading 'notifications from this group' on this page and choose 'send me every update'. This will ensure you get email notifications. 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi Chas

First my apologies to  for butting in, but you know what I'm like!

Chas

You need to make sure that you have the following set up for responses to come to you

Check on your profile page

Click on Manage Notifications just above the Green Macmillan logo above

Make sure Get Emails is ticked

Go down the page

Look for my groups

Make sure all the groups you are a member of shows how and when you want to receive notifications.

Look at frequency and open up the pop up box at the right by pressing on the text that is already shown  you will have 4 options  you see in my example above that I set the frequency to be Send me every update 

Finally look at the foot of this message in view on line mode and see this

Make sure you see under Discussion Tools Mute Thread number 4 on the list, if it doesn't shown Mute thread click on the wording to change to Mute Thread.

If all your settings are as above then you should have no problems unless your email settings have been set to sent incoming messages to your spam box you should check your email settings also, sorry can't send you visuals as I don't know which email provider you are using and you should not disclose on here.

If when you check everything above and you're still not getting notifications come back to us with more precise information and we will try and sort them out for you, believe me the site is not broken as I'm sure that with the number of notifications that  and I receive daily we know that the site is working as perfect as it can be, if you check all your settings as above then you should okay ans able to get all your responses and notifications

As I've highlighted your username  you should have received an email telling you that you have a response to this message

Hope this helps

The Bodach

• FormerMember

?

Yes i found out that despite having the box ticked under the message you still have to change settings in the account as you described so the tick doesn’t work. You still have to change account settings.what I originally said was that when i go on the website and click a subject to reply to it asks me to log in and instead of going to the reply when i get logged in but it goes to the home page.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

932 am i said they look dodgy

• FormerMember

Here are screenshots 

or not.

now it says

The File with identifier 'E6623A01-C8F3-4934-AC8C-A278E50DF5BF.png' could not be found

When trying to post them

there is a problem with the website

• FormerMember

I did it eventually but the website is temperamental 

• FormerMember

Logging in directs to a page that is not the reply page so have to find the topic from scratch.

i can’t cope with this.

goodbye

• Hi chas1989

Sorry your having so much trouble with your website. I can understand your frustration. 

I'm not that good with the internet but I noticed your login page says my.macmillan have you tried just logging in to Macmillan.org.uk instead?

As l said I'm not sure if that's why but it's worth a try perhaps.

D