awaiting treatment for lung cancer, travel insurance £3000+

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

IHi My husband has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and we have treatment starting later thi month. The Doctor said we could go abroad whilst waiting. I stupidly thought my existing annual policy would cover him !!!

I tried several companies, most wouldn't cover at all and those that would wanted £3000+

I finally found a company called EURO PLUS, if you are happy to use your EHIC card for existing conditions they will cover you for accidents, loss of luggage , new conditions etc. A one week trip cost me .......... £13.29

I know this isn't for everyone but my hubby is quite well and we do not see his cancer causing a problem on holiday but were worried about accidents etc.

Hope this is of some help to you

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm glad to hear that you have found travel insurance to cover you and wondered if you'd copy and paste your recommendation into this thread please. 

As it can take quite a time to trawl through all the comments I'm trying to keep recommendations in one place and I know that this company have not been recommended before.

I hope you and your husband have a lovely holiday and that his treatment goes well.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"