Travel insurace to spain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi can anyone advice on travel insurance that isn't sky high my husband as been treated for esophagus cancer and we could do with a break x

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

It's great to hear that you and your husband fancy a nice break in Spain after his treatment for oesophageal cancer. Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have had cancer.

Have you had chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? If not, either scroll down the page to it or click on the link I've created.

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier to explain to someone than try to do it online. 

I do hope that you can get travel insurance and have a great holiday.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

HI,,, i have travelled twice already this year and another booked, i was diagnosed last Jan with esophagus cancer,, My op was on May 2018 followed by more chemo,.,,

My esophagus was removed, near all so they made me a new one and stretched my stomach to make it,, my stomach is now in my chest,,, so tryong to learn to re eat again,,, getting there slowly,, I also have heart condition, 2 things on heart i have to declare, plus the cancer, plus the op caused me to now have BAM,, so thats another to declare,,

In Jan 2019 we went to THE GAMBIA, 6 hr flight, comes under world wide,, i was told by a mate with pancreatic cancer, who travelled all the time,,sadly lost him Dec 2018, to go online , on these multi choice insurance places,,, so i put in travel insurance with cancer,,

So they all pop up, but show as bog standard travel ins,,, so i clciked the cheapest, it covered, for baggage, delays, etc etc,, medical as 10, 000, 000, so if i broke a leg etc etc,,, then it asks if you have medical problems,, u click to answer their questions,,

I did this,, declared all my problems, each illness asks you questions, all different for different things,,, I got cover for £33.13 and thats including your normal bags, delays, lost of passport etc etc  for me and hubby it came to 74,45 thats was with Get going travel ins,,,

I was well pleased as others wanted £200 for me THOMAS COOK wanted £400

Then just March/April we had a week in Benidorm,,, hubby left his job and was looking for another,,so i said lets get a week away b4 you go back to work,,,, Went back to the same company for Ins,, this time said NO, wont insure me>?  This was  for  eUROPE HOLIDAY,,, they had ins me for Worldwide b4???

SO back on web,,, googled again,,this time i got INS with company called BIG BLUE,,,FOR THE 2 OF US IT WAS £94.16,, only problems hubby has is diabetic, blood pressur, colestral,, normaly about £0 to £10 for him,

So this week,,, i have just booked to go to Bulgaria in sept,,before i book , i always do insurance first,,,as most ins you get 14 days to cancel it,,,

THE 2 PREVIOUS companies, would not insure me????

Another would ins me for normal ins cover, bags, delays etyc,, but not for the special medical things,,, well thats ok if was just cancer, as that does not pop back in a week and kill you or hurt u realy,,,but due to heart probs,, heart attack can hit anytime,, so ignored that one,,

I Saw a add for CANCER INS,,, dont get ripped off etc,,, so i went into this,, Just last week, today is 7/5/19

MY INSURANCE THIS TIME IS £66.35 For the 2 of us,, not extra charge for hubby and diabetic, its with WORLD FIRST, 

Ohh Forgot,, im off with the girls this month to Santorini,,, somebody dropped out,, i was too ill when they  booked last year,, i took over the booking,, and ins for that for mw, was £51,43 for all medical issues and norm bag, delays etc... with WORLD FIRST

Hope this helps,,, we all need holidays,, and  seeing this cancer can return within 5 yrs,, im making the most of getting away whilst i can,,, dont get me wrong,, many survive and are post op 10, 15, 20 years on,, but if im a unlucky one,, i want to make the most fo the next 4 years,,,]

PLS LET ME KNOW how you get on,,,, sorry about spelling etc,, trying to do this quick, and im terrible at typing,,

best of luck

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, i have tried recommended sites,, but they wanted  like £138 for me on top of normal ins,,, Some wanted £400???

I checked the policy before i took it,,, it covers for all my need, and re patriation too.. Cover for like £500 for baggage loss,,, thats ok for me,, as for a week, 7 outfits and shorts, t,shirts, can easy get for 500... you can take next level up, say £1000 for  baggage, if u have expensive stuff,,,

ALL the policys i have.had were 10,  000,000, 000 i think ti was, soo many 000000, for medical,,  i found all so easy, all online,, and im not very techno minded,  as getting old,,