This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recommended Travel Insurance

• 250 replies
  • 130 subscribers

Hi everyone

As it can be time consuming looking through existing posts for travel insurance recommendations I thought it'd be a good idea to try and keep all recommendations in one place.

With that in mind I thought I'd ask that when you've found an insurance company that provided you with cover at a reasonable cost you posted that recommendation here.

If you could put a little bit of additional information eg. whether you got single trip or annual, cover for a cruise, worldwide, etc along with anything else that you think others would find helpful when they are researching that would be great.

All the recommendations come from community members and are not recommendations from Macmillan. Please make sure you do your own research as to whether they are suitable for you.

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

p.s. Boots Insurance have the policy only to quote within two months of the departure date. If you apply outside that time online the quote will be automatically declined.

• FormerMember

Hi, not sure that’s strictly true for annual boots insurance.

that covers a whole year travel from the date of purchase no matter when I travel.

• FormerMember

Im talking only about single trips. I cannot get annual multi trip with any insurer. 

• FormerMember

I went on a Caribbean Cruise 6 weeks after Chemo and I have a Lung Tumour with Liver Mets, paid about £300 which covered everything 

It is possible and it’s all about timing, not waiting for results or an appointment or a scan etc.

Routine follow up is essential 

Good luck

• I've used a company called INSURANCE CHOICE for the last four years and the service is brilliant.  They are brokers and will find the best deal. Also if you are over 70 you probably won't find a company that will sell you a world wide annual policy.

INSURANCE CHOICE. 01926 460922

We paid £169 two years ago for the two of us for three weeks in New Zealand and Australia. The medical excess for that trip was £75 each, but as we were existing customers is was halved 

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Bustysusy

That’s very usual as an alternative for me. Many thanks. 

• [deleted]

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• [deleted]

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• We are off on a cruise in 3 weeks time, so have spent today trying to find a reasonable insurance quote. I was getting silly £900 quotes, this is for one weeks cruise to Spain from Southampton. I then stumbled across onestop4travelinsurance. I’ve got cruise cover for myself (I have endometrial sarcoma metastatic to my lungs) and my partner for £46. Very happy. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • [deleted]

Community Champion Badge