This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recommended Travel Insurance

• 250 replies
  • 130 subscribers

Hi everyone

As it can be time consuming looking through existing posts for travel insurance recommendations I thought it'd be a good idea to try and keep all recommendations in one place.

With that in mind I thought I'd ask that when you've found an insurance company that provided you with cover at a reasonable cost you posted that recommendation here.

If you could put a little bit of additional information eg. whether you got single trip or annual, cover for a cruise, worldwide, etc along with anything else that you think others would find helpful when they are researching that would be great.

All the recommendations come from community members and are not recommendations from Macmillan. Please make sure you do your own research as to whether they are suitable for you.

x

• Thanks very much for these two recommendations !

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I got travel insurance for Europe for a year with Boots, very helpful and friendly on the phone. £245 for the two of us, to include kidney cancer only diagnosed Oct 18, bladder cancer, high blood pressure and atrial flutter, plus we’re both over 70 so I thought that was good. Just hope we don’t have to claim!! 

Sue Xx
  • Thank you Mitzie10, I will give some of these a go.

Smirnoff
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi.

I was looking for annual worldwide insurance post prostatectomy (late 2017) and received quotes from Insurewith, Bootsonline and Virgin Money for ca £500. I was recommended checking if my Bank (Barclays) provided insurance.  I called for a quote, giving both my wife’s (hypertension) and my cancer diagnosis and treatment plus other health issues and found to my surprise that their travel pack products £12.50/18.00 monthly,  covered all health problems without any additional premium.  Also they provided free RAC cover and airport lounge access.  On this basis I’d definitely recommend people check what their bank provides.

• [deleted]

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi I'm not sure how to post in group so I'm tagging on here..I only went with the first company  on list and that sounded ok so went with it.One year travel  insurance  post  cancer treatments (finished march 2019) with ongoing letrozole   £100....excess £200

Lovely lady    insurancewith.com   phone no. 02038293875

Mary 4
  • Hi

Thanks very much for adding your recommendation here and I hope you have some lovely holidays.

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

IHi My husband has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and we have treatment starting later thi month. The Doctor said we could go abroad whilst waiting. I stupidly thought my existing annual policy would cover him !!!

I tried several companies, most wouldn't cover at all and those that would wanted £3000+

I finally found a company called EURO PLUS, if you are happy to use your EHIC card for existing conditions they will cover you for accidents, loss of luggage , new conditions etc. A one week trip cost me .......... £13.29

I know this isn't for everyone but my hubby is quite well and we do not see his cancer causing a problem on holiday but were worried about accidents etc.

Hope this is of some help to you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I’ve also found that “Now I Can Travel” provides competitive single trip quotes with relative to other insurers lower excesses for pre existing conditions. I have Stage 4b non Hodgkin lymphoma in remission.

http://www.nowicantravel.co.uk

• Thanks for the recommendation .

Hope you have a lovely holiday!

Community Champion Badge