Losing my partner x

• 10 replies
  • 20 subscribers
  • Hi everyone, thank you so much for letting me join. I lost my Mun to cancer 18 ears ago and wish I had reached out for support. Now I'm early 40s and found out yesterday that my partner of 10 years is terminal. He found a lump on his penis which was removed in October, then 2 further operations to remove lymph nodes. He started feeling sick a couple of months ago before chemo was due to begin and discovered it's secondary esophagus. They can't operate, and have given him a year, chemo could give hin a few extra months, buf i don't expect him to take that. Due to not getting our act together and then covid we don't actually live together. He stays a couple of hours away, luckily his sister is a nurse, however he is almost completely shutting me out. Doesn't want me to see him in person any longer and it is heartbreaking. I feel utterly bereft and so overwhelmed. We were also trying for a baby and it's almost too much to bare xxx
  • Hi Alibee77, I am so very sorry to know of the news you had to hear yesterday. I’m not sure there is anything in life that prepares us for hearing that.  I’m in my early 40s too, and my husband is also terminal with maybe months left to live. I completely understand how overwhelming and all consuming this is. There are days where I have to remind myself how to breathe. You know him better than anyone, but to me it sounds like your partner is trying to process the information himself, and possibly trying in his own way to protect you from it all at the same time by shutting you out. I haven’t been in that position myself, but others on this forum may well have been and can share their experience with you. It must make it so much worse for you, of that I have no doubt. Maybe have a chat with his sister about it, if you are close to her?  Hopefully things will settle down over the coming days and he will agree to see you and you will both be able to love and support each other through this awful journey. It does make a difference. Sending you a big hug. Keep that head up and as hard as it may be, remember to breathe. x

• Aw Bim07. You have hit the nail on the head with your message. So overwhelming I can't catch my breath. Thank you so much for your words. I hope if you need to please reach out to me also, chin up x

• Hello Wave Alibee . I’m sorry to hear this my partner too has got OC incurable . He’s been shutting me away ever since he was diagnosed last August , he’s currently living with his mom… it’s been a roller coaster of emotions, I suppose it’s the way they’re dealing with it . It’s so heartbreaking and frustrating for us too . 
    you can message me anytime . Life is cruel at times Disappointed

Take care Heart️

• Aw thank you so much. It's surreal even talking about it, like it's happening to someone else. Really appreciate your message and please the same goes from me x

• Had my bye with him, was amazing and heart wrenching all at once. He has since passed away on Saturday. I'm relieved he is at peace, but feeling very overwhelmed. I hope you are getting support too x

• Oh Alibee77, I am so very sorry. My heart hurts for you. I can’t begin to imagine what you experienced. I am terrified of that day arriving. How are you feeling now? Are you getting through the days ok? Sending a ginormous hug.  X

• Aw thank you so much. The amount of messages and offers of help I've had has been amazing and we should take people up on that. Couldn't do it without them. Definitely day by day is my other advice and I'm here to help you though. Big hugs xxx

• Hello Wave im so sorry to hear about your sad loss . You’re right at least he’s at peace now . No more suffering anymore . 
    Take care and god bless xx 

• You too. I love cuddles, sending you the biggest Hugging x

• You can private message me if you need to chat Blush