CAR-T day 20

• 6 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi all , hope your all well , sorry I haven’t been in touch sooner but have had a lovely case of c-diff because of the antibiotics I’m on. Seems really silly the only way to treat it is yes you guessed with yet another antibiotic. Feeling a bit grotty as well but other than a few temperature spikes haven’t been to bad. Gone off food completely but luckily they do the replacement meal drinks I like. Don’t know when I can go home yet doctors say I’m nearly there but the can’t let me go yet.

Sue do hope hubby is getting better & can start treatment soon let me know when your here & perhaps we can meet up.

Lyn x

• Thinking of you Lyn, glad you like the replacement drinks!

hugs xxx

Moomy

• Thanks for dropping in past Lyn. It all sounds like walking through treacle but you are slowly get there.

Lets look for that light to get brighter soon.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thinking of you Lynn. Hope you feel better soon 

Alice x

Alice x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Lovely to hear from Lyn. Apologies for the tardy response. Been juggling too much. Now sitting in the car pretending to watch our youngest play football, while frantically catching up on my social life:-).

My husband has had a lot of downs since his IVE bridging chemo. Severe side effects including really bad mouth ulcer (he said that it was like having a mouth full of razor blades), loss of appetite and neutropenic sepsis. He was in isolation at the local hospital for 10 days. He'd lost so much weight, the CAR-T team at UCLH decided to wait for him to bulk up a bit - guess what they recommended? macdonald's milkshakes:-). That's my husband's worst nightmare!! He did try a few but gave up. 

His day 0 was due to be last week, but, his liver was bad (bilirubin count was 118). An ultrasound revealed that a tube connecting the liver to other organs was clogged with cancer cells. 3 days of steroids did no good and so he had a stent put in. That caused trauma to his pancreas causing pancreatitis (extreme abdominal pain every time he tried to eat anything). He's on oramorph etc to cope with the pain. The medical team decided yesterday to start the car-t journey as bilirubin was down to 48 (although not the ideal 40 they were hoping for). So, he started his conditioning chemo FLU/CY yesterday; CAR-T clinic next Thursday if everything goes well between now and then. 

I was hoping to visit him today (he's in T13) but as he's had a temperature for 2 days, he's been advised to avoid visitors. I'm going to be there Wednesday for sure and may be tomorrow. Might pop in for a catchup!!

xx 

• ((hugs)) Sue, just ((hugs))

Kissing heart

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Big hugs to you both Sue, hope you’re able to pass them on to him very soon 

xxx

Moomy