Next week

• 3 replies
  • 11 subscribers

So next week I’m booked in for a Hickman lumen line fitting on the Friday .Sunday is d-day stem cell transplant treatment begins, I’m blessed to have found 4 matches all who hit 11 out of 12 of the markers. 
I have myelofibrosis with a rare gene in that guess at 57 I’m a lucky man to be ahead of the time bomb which was lying there waiting.

I’ve had no symptoms other than a enlarged spleen and it was all discovered from trying to donate a pint of blood and not being able to. 
Scared to death but I know someone who is 20 odd years on from his and he’s still out and about

. God bless the soul who gives me this chance to continue being a new grandfather 

• Hi again  ….. good that the plan is coming together, I went into my second Allo (donor) SCT a month before my 60th birthday, my 68th birthday was on Monday past and I am living a great life.

Yes my very rare type of Lymphoma is incurable but my team are confident that it has been put to sleep for a long time…… you can see my story in this (LINK)

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• That’s some story and gives us all hope. 
    Your story is horrific but a testament to an amazing health service and the strength of you to keep going no matter what you’ve faced 

I take comfort from you say yes you’d do it again 

Thx Mike 

• Hi…… because I have a very rare (7 in a million) type of Lymphoma there was always going to be challenges during the various treatments to look for it to work……

I am pleased to say that most SCT journeys are straightforward and mostly uneventful Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge