2nd week at home

• 6 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi Folks

I have been home just over a week now and feel not too bad. 5 weeks since Transplant. 
I have bouts of nausea every day. Consultant has tweaked my meds a bit to try and combat this , also trying to eat little bits  but  more often. 
I feel quite tired at times but I see a wee snooze as helping me to heal. 
I can’t believe that I was in hospital for 4 weeks and now I’m home. 
Hope everyone is doing well and thank you all for your support via this group. 

Much Love 

Fiona

• Hi Fiona it’s good to hear from you and to hear that you are doing ok.

The post SCT week’s even months are a journey of discovery as you slowly push the limits that were in place when you were wrapped in the duvet cover of the SCT unit.

Its a balances between doing to much and pushing your recovery back a few steps but not doing enough and the recovery taking longer……. You are walking the tune line to recovery.

This is an old thread but still have some interesting stuff in it Life after a SCT - A Survivor's Guide

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Fiona,

Great to hear your home. After 4 weeks in the Queen Elizabeth  I was thrilled to be going home. First few weeks are ropey, I've been home for 3 months and I'm feeling pretty good. Eat well get plenty of rest you'll get there.

Take care 

AF55

• Thank you , glad to hear you’re feeling a good bit better. 
    I was at my own Consultant today who was really pleased with how I am , considering it’s only been 5 wks since Transplant. 
    Queen Elizabeth team were all amazing. Debbie did my 28 day marrow last week. 
    Take care and thanks for your reply Smiley

• Glad to hear you are home and doing well Fifimac. As Af55 says the first few weeks are a trial especially eating! You are doing great to keep trying little bits  I promise your appetite will return, 2 years on I am now the other way and could do to loose a few pounds! I am back in Glasgow for my 2 year  appt in September, will try and pop up to see Debbie and the other ANPs if they are around. Wishing you a continued smooth recovery, listen to your body, sleep lets you body and mind repair( always interspersed with gentle exercise) Slight smile

• Hi Fifimac

I'm delighted your home from hospital and feeing not too bad. Upwards and Onwards now!!! Well done you 

• Great that you are recovering well at home. Get plenty of rest and just listen to your body. I am just approaching my 100 days  SCT and now I'm wanting to go out into the world and start living again. I know I still need to be careful and patient and not to do too much too quickly. I hope the sun shines more in September.