Maintenance treatment Stem Cell Transplant

• 5 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hello everyone , I had a SCT in April and have been recovering well .2 weeks ago I started on Lenalthomide 10mg once a day as maintenance treatment.

Unfortunately on Friday I had a call to get liver function  tests repeated and later on during the day developed a rash covering g 50 % of my body  . I've spoken to the team at the hosp and they tell me this is common   

Paused  medication until further notice  .Plan is to restart again in a couple of weeks   I'm not sure I'm up for trying the same med again that has given me a miserable 3 days     

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Lenalthomide? 

Stay well everyone a d e joy the rest of the summer .

Sue x 

• Hi Sue  very unfortunate to hear about the reaction you have had. I do t have Myeloma and no maintenance treatment and definitely not had this drug but I have life time allergies with any drug that is produced in animals….. unfortunately this does happen and a few of the drugs I had over my 2 Allo SCTs fell into this category….. and the main reaction would have been a very bad skin reaction so I had to have excessive amounts of antihistamines when having these drugs.

I hope you find a way forward ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for the words of encouragement Mike .

This is just another drug to add to my list of drug  allergies  The antihistamines prescribed over the phone yesterday don't really help alot I'm afraid ..Have phone consult tomorrow I'm sure something will be sorted out to make comfortable me more comfortable.

Enjoy your evening. Best wishes Sue 

Cakie

• All my main antihistamines during and post SCT were full on, sleep for hours IVs - no tablets ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Oh no.. this doesn't sound nice. I hope it get sorted out soon. In a few weeks I will be going onto Lenalthomide too. I think I'm a few weeks behind you treatment wise. Other than this I hope you are recovering well and finding time to go out some.

• Hi Sunshine 1, how are you ? Hope this finds you feeling well and making progress  , thank you for your message   It has been a difficult week  Meds stopped now , meeting with my consultant on Friday to discuss alternative maintenance meds..I'm so grateful for the team at the hospital managing to to resolve things over the phone and scanning prescriptions to my local pharmacy   and getting bloods done at the surgery .Enjoy the rest of the Sumner Sunshine 1 x 

Sue x

Cakie