HAPPY reBirthday

• 12 replies
  • 12 subscribers

A  very happy 2nd reBirthday to my wonderful and amazing wife and look forward to many more celebrations xxx 

• I may have said this before but at day 120 I was just onto walking stick and getting about....... this takes time..... I knew it's frustrating but you will get there.

My consultant also gave me this basic scale for classifying where I was on the recover journey.

50% = when in the hospital going through the transplant process.

60% = significant medical/physical issues that do not allow any physical activity apart from a shower and short walk and not able to prepaid food. Reliant of others for preparation of food.

70% = Significant medical/physical issues that do not allow any specific physical activity (not including a shower) but short walks and making a pot of soup. Will nap after the task.

80% = Physical issues that limits you to one activity per day. (not including shower) Able to prepare some food for a couple of people but most likely still taking a nap after activities.

90% = Some physical issues remaining (weak legs etc) but able to do a few tasks and may not be fully fit for permanent work but could do part time work. May have to .take a nap after doing tasks or work.

100% = No physical after effects and able to do multiple tasks including being back to work.

She also said on average the recovery is about 6 months with your recovery improving about 10% per month post SCT

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• HAPPY BELATED 2nd reBIRTHDAY to your dear wife. May she have many more to come Birthday