Sore Muscles post transplant

• 5 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi all , although I'm feeling very well 92 days post transplant I have times mostly in the morning and after exercise where my leg muscles seem stiff and sore . My bloods are all good .Has anyone else experienced this or is it just part of the recovery process ? 

Any suggestions welcome 

Sue

• Hi Cakie

This is very normal, your body has taken a massive hit in recent months with all your treatment.

My wife had about 6 months of aches and pains following her SCT back in Aug 21. She's now fine and doing very well, I'm sure your feel much better in the coming few months. 

• Thanks Fulhamboy, your reply gives me much encouragement .Best wishes to you and your wife .

Sue 

Cakie

• Hi Cakie, I had my transplant last September. After 3 months I decided to do some very light weights. Was in agony after this, think it was just too much too soon. My physio advised using resistance bands, which I gave been doing and the improvement has been great.

Good luck

Joy xx

• Totally normal, what your whole body has been through will require some time for it to recover. At day 92 I was just out of my wheelchair and walking with sticks so you are doing great Thumbsup…… set little goals and keep building up you muscle lose.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi. I too. Get sore achy  leg muscles., Especially if I've sat down for a wee while and first thing in the morning.I find movement helps and I'm walking too. Hope this improves for you soon.