SCT Timeline?

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

My lymphoma has recently relapsed after 2-months in remission. I'm currently having 2/3 cycles of R-GDP salvage chemo after which I'm expected to have an auto STC. I'm just wondering how long things generally take? I've been told 6-months altogether but it'd be good to break this down a bit further. I believe they'll be a break between the salvage chemo and the STC but I don't know how long this might be? I know everyone's experence and duration in hospital for the actual transplant varies, but it'd be nice to hear some experiences of how long things took for other folk.

Thanks

• they will wait for you to go into remission and then will do SCT 

• I had two Allo SCTs but the salvage treatment you are having is used to get you into a 'window of remission' and this will be the time for your 'clean' Stem Cells have to be harvested the rest is all up to your team but the SCT process needs to be done when you are ‘still’ in that window of remission so things could move quickly or you may have a period of rest but none of this is set in stone.

For my first Allo SCT there was 5 weeks between the end of my salvage treatment and starting the SCT process (June 2014) with me in the SCT unit for 28 days.

My first Allo SCT failed within 6 months (Dec 2014)...... so I was given 10 months R&R although I had some treatment to keep things under control and had my second Allo SCT in Oct 2015 with me in the SCT unit for 29 days.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge