Hubby not wanting treatment…

• 3 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi everyone. Partner has harvested cells successfully for Transplant. However he has said he doesnt want it. Long story but hes battled a lot over the years with a menagerie of cancer treatments and other heart issues and mental health. He has had enough of not living and just surviving and hes wondered what the point is. We have referred to psychologist and all that help etc. Monday we are seeing Professor to discuss. 
I just wondered if anyone had taken a different path. We will be asking about trials. Pausing. All that stuff. 

This situation has completely smashed our loves apart. Layer Covid on top and it really takes away coping strategies. 

Not sure where to turn. See no evilSee no evil

I have a list of questions prepared and the CNS team have been great. 

• Hi  first some supportive ((hugs))

This is a very very difficult situation and indeed I can totally understand. At my first SCT I had been 15 years on my journey with multiple relapses.

When my first SCT failed and I relapsed and was given a very poor prognosis and it was basically go on palliative care and slowly die or go out fighting…… we went for the fight and that fight was over 6 years ago and I am 5 years in remission and living a great life.

Let’s see how you get on with your next meeting.

It’s Lymphoms he has? If so do check out Lymphoma Action, a small UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of information, videos and run regular regional online Lymphoma Zoom support groups and indeed a great Lymphoma Buddy Service.

Their helpline on 0808 808 5555 where Sharon or Nic will be on hand to give you some support - open every week day from 10 till 3 they can talk though trails etc.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Highlander as always. Yes Hodgkins lymphoma. I will have a look at that support xx

• This is the link directly to the Lymphoma Action Lymphoma TrialsLink

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge