Husband had BMT

• 11 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi, I’m new to this.  My husband was diagnosed earlier this year with AML with chemo he did get into remission but BMT was the best option for prolonged remission so he underwent this in Sept with a 10/10 unrelated donor   I’m his carer and struggle with the enormity of everything, I dread every blood test he does (2 per week), can’t see how we will ever have some “normality” back in our lives.  Absolutely no one I know has had a transplant so I’ve no one to talk to,  People I thought were friends and would “be there” haven’t come thru unfortunately, I know no one wants the cancer baggage.

I suppose I’m looking for reassurances (I know no one can give me them) but I’m struggling.  Can’t face Xmas, struggling with the whole “isolating” not seeing anyone/going anywhere.  Just wish this nightmare would end. 

• Hi, thank you for taking the time to respond, it’s good to hear from another wife/carer as I don’t know anyone else in this position, I hope the post didn’t upset you in anyway.  7 years is amazing, so hope he is continuing to do well.  Think I’ve sent a friend request, I’m not particularly techy so may not have!