First PET results after Auto SCT

• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

I have just had the consultant ring me with the results of my PET scan.  She only had the initial report but was meeting with radiology tomorrow to discuss further.

She said that there was a very small area lit up on my psoas nerve which is near the kidney. I forgot to ask which side but they knew I was having some aches and pains on the left side hence they brought my scan forward a little.

She said it was a very small area and she had had to squint to see it.  She also said she would ring me after her meeting with Radiology and hoped they would say it’s nothing to worry about or that it just might need another scan in a couple of months time.

I forgot to ask if anything had shown up in that area in previous scans so will have to wait till Wednesday when she rings me.

Of course now I am terrified as to what lies ahead Cry.

Has anyone else had this happen to them or someone they know please?

Jane

• Hi Jane , life post SCT is a nerves journey as we pass the various post treatment milestones. 

2 months post my second Allo (donor) SCT my scan showed up a 'new node' on my lung. I had no NHL lung involvement before so it was a surprise. It was decided to biopsy it.

I have had a CT Guided lung biopsy before to get my Asbestosis diagnosis and it was not a great experience so was actually more conceded about the biopsy process than the new node.

On the day of the biopsy I did talk with the Consultant that was doing the biopsy and asked her to have a second look before going ahead with the biopsy. She said that she always does a pre scan, once the scan was done there was a good 10mins wait. She came back in and told me that she actually did not want to do the biopsy as it was so small, in an awkward position and in her opinion "....one of these things that can happen following all the treatment your body had gone through and I think it's just a fatty lump" 

It was agreed that we would monitor the area....... it's coming up to 6 years since that first scan and it has been scanned a few times and has not changed in all these years.

Let look for this to be "....one of these things that happen" and not an issue ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge