ALL RIC Trial

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi, has anyone been offered a trial called ALL RIC? From what I understand they give you radiation as well as chemo during conditioning. A small amount of both so that the side effects are less. I can’t make up my mind whether to go for it. Wondered if anyone had heard about this? This protocol is offered to under 40s but they are now offering to under 60s who are in good health and fitness (apart from the obvious)

• I had a look and the ALL RIC trial includes:

I had something similar for my first Allo SCT but had Total Lymphoid Irradiation (Radiotherapy) and yes it was less harmful it did not work.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Stars and moons,

I had a reduced intensity conditioning allo (following an auto SCT three months prior - called a tandem transplant). It was a fairly unusual treatment for myeloma at the time and I am 5 years post transplant now so it is currently working out well for me, but there were periods post transplant where I was very poorly due to GvHD and massively regretted my decision to go for it. I think the best you can do is get as much information about why the medical teams think this might be a good idea for you, weigh up all the pros and cons for you as an individual, and then make the decision that feels right for you. There is no right or wrong answer in this, I would just advise to take as much time as you can to understand as much as you can, and then try to have confidence in whatever decision you decide to go for.

Here’s hoping that everything works out really well.

Greg

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to greg777

Thanks Greg. This is a new trial so I might not even get on it. I will spk to my consultant and try get more info.